This burger is a hearty breakfast, filled with amazing breakfast foods.
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- ½ Tbsp Sriracha
- 2 Tbsp Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Mayo
- 2 Lbs Ground Chuck Beef
- 4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 4 Slices Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Bag Frozen Hashbrowns
- 8 Pieces Bacon
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- Mix Sriracha, ketchup and mayo in a bowl and set aside.
- Begin cooking bacon. You can put it in a pan, in the oven for about 15-20 min at 400 degrees. Pull bacon out 5 minutes early and brush with maple syrup mixture. Put it back in the oven until done.
- Cook your hash browns to the instructions on the bag, or peel & shred a couple of potatoes, and cook in hot vegetable oil until browned, turning part way through.
- Get your grill/pan/etc hot for the burger.
- Salt & pepper the ground beef and then divide into 8oz (½ lb) portions (or you can use smaller 6oz portions). Flatten into patties that are about ½ inch larger than the buns.
- Put a thumbprint in the middle of the patty so it doesn’t puff up when cooking.
- Grill your burgers about 4min on the first side.
- Flip burgers and add cheese after a couple minutes. Cook until you reach the correct temp (140F for medium), usually about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add cheese about a minute before removing from grill.
- To cook eggs - add 1-2 tbps of vegetable oil to a pan and heat. Add 1-2 eggs at a time and let them sit for about a minute. Cover with a lid to harden top. Jiggle the pan to see if the egg has solidified. (note that uncooked eggs can be unsafe and eat at your own risk, be careful with the quality of your eggs!)
- Stack up the ingredients and enjoy!
This burger is an amazing breakfast, but you may want to go for a run to burn it all off. It's also known as the hangover burger because it'll soak up whatever you got into the night before.
Learn more about the hangover burger here!
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!