The classic Southern cocktail blended with blueberries for a tasty twist, this Blueberry Mint Julep is a must have at any Kentucky Derby celebration or your next Sunday Brunch! Blueberries, mint and bourbon with a touch of vanilla make these libations the hit of any party.
Blueberry Mint Julep
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 5 min
- 2 cups blueberries, plus more for garnish
- 4 ounces simple syrup
- 4 ounces bourbon
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 8 mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 4 cups crushed ice
- Place 1 cup blueberries, simple syrup, bourbon and vanilla in a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Divide the remaining blueberries between 4 julep cups and top each with two mint leaves.
- Using a muddler, mash the blueberries and mint.
- Add crushed ice to each cup. Divide the blueberry puree between the four julep cups and stir. Garnish with mint and blueberries. Serve immediately.
For more easy recipes, visit The Suburban Soapbox!