One of the fondest memories I have of my childhood is sitting around the kitchen table on Sunday mornings enjoying my Mom's Homemade Biscuits & Sausage Gravy. It's a traditional that has been passed down and one that I enjoy with my family.
Biscuits & Sausage Gravy
- Yield: 4
- Cooking Time: 15 min
- 1 Roll Bob Evans Mild Sausage
- ¼ C Flour
- 2 C Milk
- 8 Biscuits, Cooked according to package
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- In a large skillet brown the sausage.
- Once sausage has cooked sprinkle half of your flour over the sausage. The sausage will look dry and the flour will absorb, this is totally normal! Stir.
- Add in the remaining flour and incorporate it into all the pieces of sausage.
- Pour your milk in a cup at a time, bringing to a boil in between each cup of milk. The longer you let your sauce bubble it’s going to thicken. So if you want a bit thicker sauce lower the heat and let stand for 3-5 minutes. If you want a runny sauce add ¼ to ½ C additional milk, bring to a bubble and plate.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. I prefer to go heavy on the pepper, it’s up to you and your families taste buds!
Visit MyHeavenlyRecipes.com for more delicious meals that are on the table in under 30 minutes and every recipe has been kid tested & Husband approved!