These are so quick and easy to make. The cauliflower has a great texture to make a vegan version of BBQ wings. A more popular version of this is a buffalo wing flavour. I find this BBQ recipe better for those who don't tolerate spicy foods. The sauce is really what makes it. You can experiment with different flavours or make your own!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Yields: 3-4 servings
- 1 Cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 3/4 Cup flour
- 1 Cup milk alternative
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 Cup BBQ sauce
- 2 Tablespoons melted vegan butter
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, milk alternative garlic powder and paprika.
- Mix the cauliflower florets into this mixture.
- Place the coated cauliflower florets on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While baking, mix BBQ sauce and melted vegan butter into a mixing bowl (one that can handle hot foods).
- Remove the baking tray from the oven. Place and toss the cauliflower florets in the BBQ sauce mixture.
- Place the coated cauliflower florets back on the baking tray. You may want to respray the baking sheet first.
- Bake for the remaining 20 minutes.
- You're done! Serve with carrots and celery and favourite dipping sauce! I use a vegan mayonnaise mixed with a zesty salad dressing.