Bananas and oatmeal are blended together and baked in the oven to create this custardy brunch treat. Bananas Foster Baked Oatmeal is a wonderful make ahead wholesome dish that’s almost like eating dessert for breakfast.
Bananas Foster Baked Oatmeal
- Servings: 1 cup
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cooking Time: 40 min
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup mashed banana
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons rum, divided (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup 2% milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 bananas, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir to combine the oats, banana, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vanilla, rum, eggs, milk and melted butter. Stir into the dry ingredients until well blended.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and rum. Bring the mixture to a boil and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into a 9-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray and arrange the banana slices on top. Pour the caramel sauce over the bananas. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the oatmeal is set and the bananas look caramelized. (If your oatmeal is done but the bananas don't look caramelize, broil for 1-2 minutes under the broiler.)
- Serve immediately. (You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
For more recipes, visit The Suburban Soapbox.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!