Bananas and oatmeal are blended together and baked in the oven to create this custardy brunch treat. Bananas Foster Baked Oatmeal is a wonderful make ahead wholesome dish that’s almost like eating dessert for breakfast.
Bananas Foster Baked Oatmeal
- Servings: 1 cup
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cooking Time: 40 min
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup mashed banana
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons rum, divided (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup 2% milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 bananas, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir to combine the oats, banana, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vanilla, rum, eggs, milk and melted butter. Stir into the dry ingredients until well blended.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and rum. Bring the mixture to a boil and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into a 9-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray and arrange the banana slices on top. Pour the caramel sauce over the bananas. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the oatmeal is set and the bananas look caramelized. (If your oatmeal is done but the bananas don't look caramelize, broil for 1-2 minutes under the broiler.)
- Serve immediately. (You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
For more recipes, visit The Suburban Soapbox.