A breakfast superfood waffle that kids will love to help make and eat.
Banana Camel Milk Waffles
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 10 min
- 2 overripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup coconut flour, plus more if needed
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 cup camel milk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Place the bananas, eggs, coconut and almond flours, coconut milk, baking soda, vanilla, and cinnamon in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes to allow the flours to absorb the liquid. Coconut and almond flours can vary by brand, so if the mixture is too thin, add 1 additional tablespoon of coconut flour. If too thick, add extra camel milk.
- Lightly grease the waffle iron with coconut oil or butter using a brush.
- Scoop enough waffle batter into the waffle iron to fill (amount will vary by waffle maker).
- Bake for 2 to 4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Repeat until all the batter is used.
- Serve with maple syrup on the side. Fresh fruit also makes a nice accompaniment.
What could be simpler than making waffles in the blender?
These are made with bananas, coconut flour, and almond flour for fluffy and naturally sweet waffles—and you can make them in just minutes.
But the ingredient that probably sticks out the most is camel milk. Camel milk may be a “new” milk to us in the western world, but it’s been used for centuries by the nomadic people of the Middle East, North Africa and parts of Asia to help them maintain their health despite living in a harsh environment.
Because of its specific features, camel milk is a safer and healthier option for patients, suffering from lactose intolerance. A vast body of research suggests that acceptance of camel milk is excellent and doesn’t result in any undesirable side effects or reactions.
It may be hard to find fresh camel milk, so I get a powdered version, Camelicious®, and keep in the pantry until I’m ready to use it.
This is a true superfood breakfast that you and your kids will love!