Variations include Pumpkin Spice, Banana, and Raspberry - Cocoa!
Baked Oatmeal Muffins
- Servings: 1 - 2 muffins
- Yield: 6 - 12
- Prep Time: 1 hr
- Cooking Time: 30 min
- 3 cups Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- 1 Whole Egg
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- ¼ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- For Pumpkin Spice: ½ cup canned mashed pumpkin + 2 tsp. ground allspice, Topping: Combine 2 Tbsp. dry oats + ¼ cup chopped pecans + ¼ cup finely chopped, dried cranberries.
- For Banana: 1 very ripe mashed banana + ¼ cup sour cream, Topping: Combine 2 Tbsp. dry oats + ¼ cup chopped walnuts + ¼ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- For Raspberry - Cocoa: 1 Tbsp. "Dutched" baking cocoa + 1 rounded cup frozen raspberries, Topping: mini marshmallows (set aside).
- Combine the oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients (orange juice to dark brown sugar) together in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Pour the whisked ingredients into the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Choose and add the ingredients for one of the flavor varieties listed, stir to combine with the oat batter.
- Scoop the flavored batter into 12 cup lined muffin pan, ¾ full.
- Sprinkle the Pumpkin Spice or Banana tops with their "Toppings" and partially press down into surface of the batter. Raspberry - Cocoa Muffins will be topped with the marshmallows later, at the very end of baking.
- Bake on center oven rack @ 350F for 30 minutes. For Raspberry - Cocoa, place about 6 mini marshmallows on top of each hot muffin and immediately return to the oven for exactly 1 minute (to just soften the marshmallows).
- Baked Oatmeal Muffins can be enjoyed warm, or cool completely before storing in the refrigerator or freezer for later.