The truth is, you love avocados. They are a superior superfood
- Servings: 1 slice
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 8 min
- Cooking Time: 3 min
- 4 (¼-inch) slices high-quality whole grain bread
- 2 avocados, seeded
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and thinly sliced
- ½ lemon
- Sea salt flakes
- Lots of freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Heat a rigged cast iron skillet to medium high heat. Drizzle the four slices of bread with 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil each.
- Grill the bread on each side until the bread becomes toasted and grill marks appear.
- Remove the slices of bread from the pan and immediately smash ½ of an avocado onto each slice of bread with a fork.
- The avocado should be chunky.
- Evenly distribute the roasted red pepper onto each slice of toast and season each with a squeeze of lemon, salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Finish by drizzling with a finishing extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve immediately.
"Happy Food To Eat"
With love, Mama G.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!