Quick and easy delicious salad with a surprisingly healthy and simple salad dressing.
Avocado Lime Salad
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 15 min
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 2 Heads of Romaine or other favorite green base for salad
- 2 Limes
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 3 Bell Peppers (pick a color, any color!)
- 1 Large Red Onion
- 1 ½ tb Sour Cream
- 1 tb Adobo Seasoning
- ½ tb Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tb Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 ½ tb olive oil
- Pound chicken breast to a ¼-½" thickness.
- Season chicken breasts with adboo, garlic, cayenne and pepper spice mixture.
- Chop peppers and onion to bite size pieces and toss in olive oil.
- Grille chicken breasts and onion/pepper mixture.
- Rinse and chop romaine.
- Take one avocado and mix with the lime juice and sour cream. Mix until smooth.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces after grilled.
- Combine lettuce, peppers, onion, chicken and avocado/lime dressing.
- Cut the remaining avocado into small squares and top salads. You can also squeeze some lime on each salad with the remaining salad.
This salad is a favorite for a reason. It's easy to make, kids love it and it is healthy while also very filling.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!