This soup screams Spring with vibrant asparagus, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese made just hearty enough with Basmati rice.
Asparagus Tomato Parmesan Soup
- 56 oz. chicken, beef or vegetable broth
- 2 cups Basmati rice, cooked
- 1 handful asparagus, snapped, washed and cooked until tender
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes, diced small
- 2 tbsp whole cream
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1 tbsp seasoned salt
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp pepper
- Add everything in a dutch oven or large sauce pan and bring to a slow boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add more Parmesan, if desired.