We love the crisp green veggies of spring - asparagus, artichokes, lettuce of all kinds! For our kids, it's less of a love story. Enter asparagus fries. Sure to win over even your pickiest. And so easy to make.
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- ½ cup spelt flour
- ¼ cup panko
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp ground garlic
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Season a baking sheet and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and trim your asparagus and pat dry completely.
- Sprinkle flour on a plate.
- Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, combine panko, bread crumbs and garlic.
- Take 3 spears of asparagus at a time, roll in the flour, dip in egg and then dredge through the bread crumb mixture. Place the asparagus on the baking sheet in a single layer. Repeat with all of the asparagus. Season all of them with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the asparagus is golden brown.