Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with a vegetable medley covered in an Asian sauce. This dinner is easy to put together and the whole family will enjoy it.
Asian Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
- 2 ½ pounds chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Tamari (soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces vegetable medley (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
- 4 cups precooked white rice
- Dry the chicken thighs on both sides with a paper towel. Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken thighs to the skillet and brown on both sides. (chicken won't be fully cooked) Lay the chicken in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine Tamari, sugar, sesame oil, apple cider vinegar, ginger, honey and salt. Pour over the chicken and cook on high for 3 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes add the vegetable medley to the pot.
- Before plating set down white rice and then top with chicken and vegetables followed with the juices from the slow cooker.