Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with a vegetable medley covered in an Asian sauce. This dinner is easy to put together and the whole family will enjoy it.
Asian Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
- 2 ½ pounds chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Tamari (soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces vegetable medley (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
- 4 cups precooked white rice
- Dry the chicken thighs on both sides with a paper towel. Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken thighs to the skillet and brown on both sides. (chicken won't be fully cooked) Lay the chicken in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine Tamari, sugar, sesame oil, apple cider vinegar, ginger, honey and salt. Pour over the chicken and cook on high for 3 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes add the vegetable medley to the pot.
- Before plating set down white rice and then top with chicken and vegetables followed with the juices from the slow cooker.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!