My favorite sandwich!
Apple - Bacon Dijon Melts
- Servings: 1 - 2
- Yield: 6 - 12
- Prep Time: 1 hr
- Cooking Time: 5 min
- 1 package (6-pack) "English Muffins", split and lightly toasted.
- Dijon mustard
- 12 slices of bacon, cooked or 12 slices of Canadian Bacon, browned in frying pan.
- 24 apple wedges, about ¼ - ½" thick slices (suggest Granny Smith); peeling is not necessary.
- 12 slices of your favorite cheese (suggest a Swiss or a Cheddar variety); not "thin-sliced".
- Divide the "English Muffin" halves between two baking sheets (line with parchment paper or greased foil for no clean-up).
- Spread each muffin halve with Dijon mustard.
- Place 1 slice of the cooked bacon (break in two pieces for nicer fit) or 1 slice fried Canadian Bacon on top of the mustard.
- Top the bacon with 2 of the apple wedges (rounded sides facing outwards).
- Last, place a slice of your favorite cheese on top of the apple slices.
- Place one pan at a time under oven broiler until bubbling golden; watch this process closely in order to immediately remove from oven when done to avoid burning (may only take a few seconds!).