My favorite Sandwich!
Apple - Bacon Dijon Melts
- Servings: 1 - 2
- Yield: 6 - 12
- Prep Time: 1 hr
- Cooking Time: 5 min
- 1 package (6-pack) "English Muffins", split and lightly toasted
- Dijon Mustard
- 24 slices of bacon, cooked (or 12 slices of Canadian Bacon, browned in frying pan).
- 24 apple wedges, about ½ inch thick (suggest Granny Smith); peeling is not necessary.
- 12 slices of your favorite cheese (suggest a Swiss or a Cheddar); not "thin-sliced".
- Divide the toasted English Muffin halves between two baking sheets (line with parchment paper or lightly greased foil for no clean-up).
- Spread each muffin halve with Dijon mustard
- Place 1 piece of the cooked bacon (cut in half for a nicer fit) or 1 slice of fried Canadian Bacon on top of the mustard.
- Top the bacon with two of the apple wedges (rounded sides facing outwards).
- Last, place a slice of your favorite cheese on top of the apples.
- Place one pan at a time under oven broiler until cheese is bubbling, golden; watch this process closely in order to immediately remove from oven to avoid burning (may only take a few seconds!).