This hearty granola is full of oats, quinoa, almond butter, nuts, honey, and olive oil. It is easily made gluten free and is an energy packed breakfast to start your day.
Almond Butter GranolaPrep Time: 10 min Cooking Time: 25 min
- 3 cups rolled oats (gluten free, if necessary)
- 1 ½ cups mixed nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds)
- 1 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit (raisins, cherries, blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, nuts, coconut, quinoa, cinnamon, and ginger until combined. Add oil, honey, almond butter, and vanilla, and stir until the mixture is well combined and the oat mixture is evenly coated with the honey mixture.
- Spread granola into an even layer on the prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until fragrant and golden brown. You may want to check it earlier to make sure it doesn’t burn. Do not stir during the cooking process.
- After the granola has been removed from the oven, sprinkle the dried fruit on top but do not mix it in. Allow the granola to cool completely on the pan. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!