This quick and easy recipe for taco chicken made in a slow cooker and it is perfect for busy weeknights and parties. Once the chicken is ready, just set out your favorite taco toppings and let everyone assemble their own.
4 Ingredient Taco Chicken
- 3 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken (breasts and/or thighs)
- 2 cans Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- Mix the taco seasoning and tomatoes together in the slow cooker.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Pour the chicken broth over. Use enough broth to just submerge the chicken.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and set on low. Cook for 4-5 hours.
- Use a fork to remove the chicken from the slow cooker. Shred with two forks.
- Use a slotted spoon to scoop the tomatoes out of the sauce, and add to the chicken. Add about 1 cup of the liquid from the slow cooker to the chicken and stir. I discarded the extra liquid in the slow cooker, and returned the chicken to the slow cooker and set to the keep warm setting during the party.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!