This quick and easy recipe for taco chicken made in a slow cooker and it is perfect for busy weeknights and parties. Once the chicken is ready, just set out your favorite taco toppings and let everyone assemble their own.
4 Ingredient Taco Chicken
- 3 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken (breasts and/or thighs)
- 2 cans Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- Mix the taco seasoning and tomatoes together in the slow cooker.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Pour the chicken broth over. Use enough broth to just submerge the chicken.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and set on low. Cook for 4-5 hours.
- Use a fork to remove the chicken from the slow cooker. Shred with two forks.
- Use a slotted spoon to scoop the tomatoes out of the sauce, and add to the chicken. Add about 1 cup of the liquid from the slow cooker to the chicken and stir. I discarded the extra liquid in the slow cooker, and returned the chicken to the slow cooker and set to the keep warm setting during the party.