Switch up your breakfast for dinner with tacos! Hash browns, breakfast sausage and eggs make the perfect filler for soft tortillas! Served with yogurt and fruit, dinner hits the table in less than 20 minutes!
15 Minute Brinner Tacos
- 1.5 cups Frozen Hash Browns
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound Breakfast Sausage (tube or bulk)
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- 8 Eggs, whisked
- ½ cup Cheddar-Jack Cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Soft Taco Shells- corn or flour. We used mini sized from Target
- Toppings: salsa, avocado, hot sauce, green onions
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage and brown, crumbling with a flat spatula to break up meat.
- Once sausage is almost fully cooked, add hash-brown, onions and red pepper.
- Press down to get the potatoes brown and veggies will soften. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until hash-browns are crispy.
- Season with garlic powder and salt & pepper, to taste
- Slowly pour eggs into the pan and reduce heat to medium. Scramble the mixture with a spoon.
- Once eggs are nearly cooked, sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve in a warm tortilla and top with favorite taco toppers!