Only a few simple ingredients needed to make a rich and flavorful Alfredo Sauce. This creamy sauce takes only minutes to make and tastes absolutely delicious!
The ingredient list is small. All you need is heavy cream, lemon juice, butter, parmesan cheese, salt and a pinch of nutmeg.
Add in 8 tablespoons of butter (1 stick) and cook over a medium heat until the butter melts, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
This recipe for Alfredo Sauce makes enough sauce for a 16-ounce package of pasta. You can divide the recipe in half if you want to make a smaller portion, however the pasta and sauce will keep well in the refrigerator for a few days.
To reheat the pasta and alfredo sauce, pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a skillet or sauté pan and set the heat to medium. Add the pasta mixed with Alfredo Sauce to the pan and heat, stirring until warm.
With this easy recipe, you can make Alfredo Sauce whenever you like. You can serve it with any type of pasta or you might even like to try a Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce. The sauce also goes well with chicken or on an Alfredo topped pizza.
- 2½ cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 3 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- Stir the cream and the lemon juice in a heavy medium skillet to blend.
- Add the butter and cook over medium heat just until the butter melts, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low and add in the grated Parmesan cheese, nutmeg and salt, stirring until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the heat.
- Toss with cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle a little more grated parmesan over the top, if desired.
With this easy recipe, you can make Alfredo Sauce whenever you like. You can serve it with any type of pasta. The sauce also goes well with chicken or on an Alfredo topped pizza.
ZagLeft is where I share my enthusiasm for cooking in addition to my love for wines and my constant desire to explore….all while taking the road less traveled. You can read more at ZagLeft.