I don’t like bananas, but I could eat this banana bread every day it’s so good. And it’s easy to make – especially when you have a fashionable little helper in an apron (and sunglasses) like I do. This is best recipe for banana bread I have ever tried, so it’d be mean of me not to share. So, this is what you will need to make it. (The chocolate chips are optional. I add them because my husband loves them.)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 stick of butter (salted or unsalted, doesn’t matter)
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas (I “mush” these in my bullet so they are almost like a smoothie)
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees; Prep a loaf pan or muffin trays
- Slowly add the ingredients in the order they are listed, moving on to the next one when the previous one is mixed (If you want to add chocolate chips or anything, just do that at the end)
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and cook it for 1 hour and 15 minutes (or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean)
- For muffins, cook them for 25 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean)
And if you want to see how a three year old makes these cupcakes happen, take three minutes and watch this.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!