Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Traveling with Kids

First class sass

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

On our way home from our first summer vacation as a family of four I opted to upgrade my seat to first class so my baby could sit on my lap with a little extra space. My husband and son had coach class seats. We were on our way home to Dallas TX. The plane was a little delayed so although I perfectly timed out her nap with boarding time, it just didn't go as planned. She began her meltdown prior to boarding. Once on the plane a nice gentleman sitting next to me kindly said hello and tried talking to the baby. She calmed down a little but was getting antsy. I noticed this mans expensive watch, Louis Vouitton (spelling?!) bag and realizable after a few people passed us and said hi to him that he might be someone important. My husband finally boarded the plane with his dorky old Dallas Cowboys hat onand had the biggest smile on his face. But not to see me. Apparently the man next to me was former football star MIchael Irvin. During the flight i was worried she would drool on his bag or shoes and cost me her college tuition In repairs. This man was an angel. He helped distract her the entire flight. HE even held her so I could eat! He made This potentially disastrous flight the best end to our vacation!

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.