Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Winter Survival Secrets

Tips

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

As a mother of 2 grown children I cringe every time I see a parent with a young child or baby who is not covered up when they are outside. I would always bundled up my kids whenever I knew I would be taking them outside and that would include a blanket over there heads even if they were screaming bloody murder cause they didn't like it. My kids were never sick when babies. They never ever had an ear infection and only got an occasional cold. I see babies without blankets covering them and wonder just how long till the parent has them at the doctors office cause they're sick. Just use a little common sense when it comes to taking a child out in the cold. Also my mom would knit a string that would fit through their sleeves on their coats and I'd attach mittens at the end by sewing the mittens on. You won't lose the mitten and it helped keep them on.

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.