Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Taking Care of YOU

My Time

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

I love being a mom and being a "taxi driver" in the afternoons, but I do need time to myself and to not "be needed." At least twice a year I go out of town with a group of ladies and we CROP TIL WE DROP. That means we sit around scrapbooking. For me it gives me a chance to get away and sit do a hobby that I truly enjoy. There are times that I might go for an hour and not even say a word. Also it gives a chance to slow down a reflect on the experiences on the memories our family has made. (remind me that we really do love each other...HAHA) I leave that weekend crop with a feeling of accomplishment. My family love to see what scrapbook I have made. I get such joy when I watch my husband and two girls look through the scrapbook together upon my return. So in order to recharge..... I load up my car with snacks, scrapbooking supplies, and whole of family pictures ready to find their way into a book that will give us all great joy for years to come.

Wendy McDowell

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.