Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Raising Kind Kids

lead by example

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

we have always done our part ( and then some) to show respect and kindness to others, bringing the kids along. I coordinated thanksgiving food drives and our church giving tree for years, and my husband started our local soup kitchen. once, when my daughter complained about what i'd made for dinner, we packed it up and took it to another family who i knew had run out of food stamps. these things taught our kids to appreciate every little thing. I knew we had been successful when last year i was visiting my son in fresno california. we were on our way to sequoia national park, and stopped for gas and coffee. my son asked if i could make a coffee for his buddy. i turned around to see an unwashed crack addict who was sleeping in the parking lot. i gave him his coffee, we talked about his hometown, and we went on our way. he was uplifted to be treated like a human, and i was proud that my son treated this man with the dignity he was born with.

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.