This recipe will have your whole family begging for Brussels sprouts!
Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Lemon
- 1 sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 pints fresh Brussels Sprouts, shredded or sliced very thin
- 1 large lemon (juice and zest)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Chop the onion.
- Mince the garlic or use a garlic press.
- Shred Brussels sprouts by finely slicing with a knife.
- Grate 1 teaspoon of yellow zest from lemon and squeeze 3 tablespoons of juice.
- In a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Serves about 8