Put down the acai bowl. It's time to savour the most important meal of the day and I have just the recipe to help you do so.
While I'm all for a quick and easy breakfast during the week, I think that come the weekend we should all be enjoying a more leisurely breakfast. It's not just about the food, it's about taking an hour or so out of your busy schedule to share a delicious meal with family and friends, or enjoy a lazy morning on your own with a coffee and a plate of Nutella Waffles.
This is a delicious twist on the breakfast favorite and it is oh-so-simple to make. Take some time for yourself this weekend and enjoy a plate of Nutella Waffles.
- Yield: Makes 8-10 square waffles and 20 stick waffles.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 Tbs cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 75g butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups Nutella, plus extra for serving
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- Optional: Ice cream, for serving
- Sift flour into a large bowl and then add sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, butter and milk and slowly add to the dry ingredients.
- Stir until well combined and then add the Nutella, continuing to stir until well combined again.
- Lightly grease the waffle pan and place over hot plate on medium heat.
- Pour batter into the waffle pan, being careful not to overfill them.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes each side before turning out onto a plate. Repeat until all the batter is used.
- Serve with powdered sugar, Nutella and ice cream.