A Dutch Baby is a cross between a pancake and a popover, and it’s incredibly delicious. The middle of the Dutch Baby has a custardy consistency and taste, and the edges get slightly crisp and taste more like a pastry. I topped the Dutch Baby with powdered sugar, butter, lemon curd, and raspberries. The lemon curd and raspberries gave this meal a fresh and fruity taste.
Lemon Raspberry Dutch Baby
- Yield: 3
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- 3 tablespoons Salted Butter
- 3 Large Eggs
- ¾ cup Whole Milk
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Powdered Sugar
- ¼ cup Raspberries (or Strawberries or Blueberries)
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Curd
- Heat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Then crack the eggs into a blender and add the milk, flour, salt, vanilla, sugar, and melted butter. Mix on a medium speed for 1 minute. You want the batter to be frothy.
- Pour the batter into a nonstick skillet, and place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- As soon as the Dutch Baby has finished cooking top with the powdered sugar and the remaining butter. Serve each slice with raspberries and a dollop of lemon curd.