Double Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies! Minty chocolate chip cookies with a sweet glaze and crushed peppermint candies on top! The perfect holiday cookie!
Double Peppermint Chocolate Chip CookiesPrep Time: 15 min Cooking Time: 30 min
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 12 round peppermint candies, crushed, for decorating
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, using a mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, and ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract on medium-high until pale and fluffy, 3 minutes. Beat in egg, then flour mixture on low. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into 1 ½-inch balls and place, 2 inches apart, on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until edges are lightly golden, about 12 to 14 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Let cool on sheets on wire racks 5 minutes, then transfer cookies to racks and let cool completely.
- Using a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners' sugar and heavy cream to make a spreadable glaze (start with 2 tablespoons). Using a spoon, butter knife or offset spatula, spread a thin layer of the glaze on top of each cookie and sprinkle with the crushed peppermint candies. Let dry completely before serving!
If wanting even more peppermint flavor, you can whisk in a little drop of peppermint extract into the glaze, enjoy!