Dips are perfect for game day because they can be made in advance. Most people think of savory hot dips in a slow cooker, but don't forget about sweet cold dips as well. This is my Apple Fritter Dip that is perfect for fall because apples are in season and they are healthy. I serve this dip with apples, pretzels and donut holes. This dip can be made in advance, so it's perfect for game day. It's also great for Thanksgiving!
Apple Fritter DipPrep Time: 15 min
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- ⅓ cup condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup diced apples
- 1 loaf apple fritter bread
- Apple slices, pretzels and donut holes for dipping
- In a medium size bowl, whip together butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the sugars and mix well. Add milk, corn syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and apples and thoroughly combine.
- Slice top off apple fritter bead and set aside. Hollow out the soft inner bread and keep the crust as a shell. Cut the inside bread into bite size pieces, these can be used for dipping.
- Add the dip to the inside of the apple fritter bread and garnish with some diced apples and/or candy - toffee pieces. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve this dip with apple fritter pieces, donut holes, apple slices and/or pretzels. Enjoy!
Hollow out the apple fritter bread -
Add dip -
Feel free to add candy pieces to the top - I featured this dip on my Tailgating TV Segment today 10.15.16