This soup is magical... Truly, it is!
My grandpa used to make this whenever my mom was unwell - it's an instant cure that tastes a-mazing! This recipe has been passed down from generation to generation in my family and now I'm passing it on to YOU (after making a few tasty tweaks because I'm a Natural Food Chefs and that's what we do!).
I believe real wealth = great health, so my wish is this soup makes you VERY wealthy indeed!
Never-Get-Sick Garlic Soup
Servings: about four 2-cup servings. Freeze any excess for up to 2 months.
- 25 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed 10 minutes before you make this soup (to allow allicin within garlic to be activated and released, making this soup extra healing and health-supportive!)
- 8 cups vegetable stock (or water, however, stock flavours this dish more)
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour mixed with 1 tablespoon water to make a paste (OPTIONAL – this helps thicken the soup)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (OPTIONAL – this is a great addition of some healthy fats that will also make the soup a little creamier and sweeter).
- Add crushed garlic and stock (or water) in a pot and bring to a boil. Immediately turn heat to a simmer and leave for 20 minutes, covered.
- Turn heat off. Add miso and carefully blend contents of pot using an immersion blender.
- Turn heat on low and add arrowroot paste, stir well to combine. Leave on lowest heat for at least 5-8 mins to cook out arrowroot's flour-y flavour. Note: soup will thicken further after cooling. Now's the time to ddd in optional coconut milk and combine well.
- Serve on it's own if you or someone you love is unwell - 2 cups is the recommended dosage to support the immune system. OR, serve as an appetizer or as a side before/with your main meal. Enjoy hot or cold depending upon the season.