Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Reinventing Breakfast

Brussels Sprout & Sweet Potato Hash

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

This Brussels Sprout & Sweet Potato Hash will change your life. It is simple, great for any meal of the day and is hands down one of the tastiest ways to enjoy brussels sprouts!

Spread the love of brussels sprouts with this Brussels Sprout & Sweet Potato Hash.

I am obsessed with brussels sprouts! Anyone else? If you read The Healthy Home Cook often, you should recall I have made a few brussels sprout recipes here before. Which include my Spinach Pear Salad with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad. But, this new version takes the cake! If you need to convince someone to like brussels sprouts, this is the recipe to do that.

It’s hard to beat a combination of crispy brussels sprouts, tender sweet potatoes, and fresh red onion. Talk about the perfect fall recipe to cozy up with!

Start by chopping 1 sweet potato, 1 lb of brussels sprouts and 1/2 red onion into bite sized pieces.

Spread the love of brussels sprouts with this Brussels Sprout & Sweet Potato Hash.

Place vegetables into a large bowl and drizzle of 1/4 cup of olive oil. Top with the following ingredients and stir. Make sure all the vegetables are evenly coated so you don’t get one or two bites full of cayenne or garlic powder. I speak from experience…it’s not the most pleasant taste in the world.

• 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion pwder
  • 1 tsp cayenne
  • 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
  • dash of salt/pepper

Spread the vegetables onto a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 30 minutes. Feel free to bake the vegetables longer, if you want them to be more crispy. Be sure to keep an eye on them, either way.

When the vegetables are finished baking, carefully remove the tray from your oven. You can serve this as a side dish to your Thanksgiving turkey or as a hearty vegan main course.

An optional topping that I love is adding 1-2 eggs on top. Prepare the eggs to your liking (over easy, poached, fried, scrambled, etc).

Take this underrated vegetable and show the world how amazing it can be! Spread the love of brussels sprouts!!!

This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!