Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: WHO Are You?

Who Am I?

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

d39df6706fd2f000690fb035942837ffa397f9ba.jpeg

Who am I? The question lingers in the air. Some days it's much easier to answer, "who am I not?".

I am...

a wife to Jeff.

a friend to many.

a daughter to some.

a mother to my children.

I am...

weak.

strong.

brave.

scared.

I am...

lost.

found.

wandering.

home.

I am the mama who lost her son. I am a grief mama. I am changed. I am not the mom I once was. I smile through tears. I fight for joy when it does not come easy. I have all the photos I ever will have of my dear son. I cling to precious memories. I choose grace and forgivenness over doubts and regrets. I remind myself to breath when the heaviness of grief threatens. I am not done yet. I press on. I am choosing to live my best life. I am convinced that life is too short to look back with regrets. So I will love the children I have now. I will tell them about their brother. I will not let his life nor his death be forgotten. I will speak his name. This grief journey that I am on may be my bitter, but the joy that I choose within it is so very sweet.

I am not...

defined by grief.

letting sorrow win.

afraid to love.

alone.

I am...

Thao's mom.

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.