Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Open Discussion

Untitled

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

May be an image of 2 people and people smiling

This guy here is my partner in life and in parenting. He's my best friend. He's the rock in our family, and believe me when I tell you, we need a rock in this family.

This man here is my soul mate, despite him not believing in such things. It was fate that brought us together, paying no mind to his disbelief that "fate" is a real thing.

This dad here is the father of our boisterous son. He's also the maker of my son's stubborn and persistent personality. He's absolutely in love with our child and it warms my heart watching them together.

This married man here is my husband. He's quick and witty and his realism and pragmatism are both appreciated and infuriating.

I have no idea how we work, but we do. I have no idea how we were brought together, but we were. I do know that both of us were missing something in our lives, and it turns out that it was everything the other person had to offer.

I'm emotional, sensitive, chatty, free-spirited, slightly hippy, busy, and extroverted.

He's pragmatic, logical, a perfectionist, a control-freak, an insane information gatherer, and an extrovert who loves his alone time.

We are polar opposites who have found comfort and love in one another. We disagree on many things but never fail to make each other laugh. While my tears are ever so present in our daily lives, his tears are on lockdown - I've seen them 3 times in our almost 13 years together.

We may frustrate the bejeezes out of each other, but at the end of the day, we've built a unit out of humour, love, trust, and devotion.

Marrying your polar opposite can be tricky and frustrating and irritating. But it's also exciting and funny and interesting. At the end of the day, no matter how much we bother each other, we're committed to keeping this thing going and there's nowhere we'd rather be

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.