Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Open Discussion

Embracing the way God created you

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

Have you ever wished you could change something about yourself?

Maybe it’s the way you look or even where you’re from.

The truth is, everyone has a flaw or two they’re ashamed of.

That’s why we love the idea of genies in lamps and fairy godmothers who come to grant us three wishes.

Because of our wrong notions of what is beautiful or perfect, many people are unhappy about who they are.

We desire to look like the models we see on the cover of magazines or have celebrity lifestyles. But this isn’t God’s will for us.

c75a2f1a3a50e31ce4f9c92b22353ad1e6078df1.jpeg

In His word, God reveals that he made us beautifully and wonderfully.

Psalm 139:14 (MSG) says, “I thank you, High God – You’re breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration – what a creation!”

God was intentional about the way he created you.

You don’t need to look like someone else or keep to man-made standards to feel complete.

People’s perspectives about beauty, perfection, and what is acceptable will always change with the times.

However, the way God sees you remains the same.

He made you in His image and likeness, a reflection of His excellence and glory.

4fb2d9247cebebc812e16a76343831b3e3beacb9.jpeg

So you ought to base your sense of self on God’s word.

In a world where people change almost everything about themselves, God wants you to embrace who you are.

Yes, even the parts you don’t like about yourself.

Love Always, Teaira♥️

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.