Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Summer Fun

My summer plan for my post-Covid-19 children

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

2f4a496a7bb40daa94b5def2442b0e60d0511f4a.jpg

As a single mom of young children, this summer is going to be more challenging than any other. Not only have my children suffered from the schools being closed for the last 3 months (they have started to go back since the beginning of the month, but the term is about to end). But the usual activities that we enjoyed during the summer time are also off limits.

These factors result in two things. One, I'm going to have to find a way to continue their education at home, over the summer months. And two, our activities will have to be closer to home.

In terms of home schooling, we already built up a routine while the schools were closed, so now ere' just going to adapt this during the summer months. Thankfully, my children's tutor is now available to give private tuition again, so her returning for weekly lessons will go a great deal in extending my children's education during the summer.

Regarding activities - thankfully thye have cousins who live nearby. Because two households can now meet where I live, i'm mind to set up a bouncy castle in our yard for them all to play on together. Thils will make up for things like the movies and restaurants etc., Birthday parties will strcitly be done at home.

What do you guys think? Have you implemented a simlar plan? Let me know in comments!

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.