Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Stretched Too Thin

'Can we just stop with the theme days?': Signed, a mom who can't keep up with it all

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

Do you see this picture? Aren’t those little girls so cute? Tiny little dancers all dressed up for pajama day at dance.

Do you see the little blonde one? The one who isn’t in her pajamas?

Yep, she’s mine.

Her mama failed to remember that it was pajama day.

a2c0f7ae6e8edf8222223d75e56e0743e4cf1e52.jpeg

I can’t keep up with it all, friends. This is just one picture of the many times my crowd has shown up somewhere completely unaware that there was a “theme” we were supposed to be dressed for.

Am I alone in the fact that I can barely get my kids into normal clothes and out the door? And then we have to put on socks. Don’t get me started on all of the socks. Where do they all go? There are 6 sets of little kid feet in this house and two pair of socks. We draw straws to see who gets to wear them. (Okay, I’m kidding about the last part but the struggle is REAL.)

Who decides we should add themes to soccer practice? Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t realize it was “bring your favorite stuffed animal to practice” day.

I’m sure there are solid reasons for why we do these things, but can we just stop?

Maybe you could just give me a sticker for remembering to come to practice?

Cause that’s the real achievement here.

I’m all for excellence in parenting but I am here today to formally withdraw from all upcoming theme activities. You can still have super hero day at ball, but my kid will just be wearing his uniform and cleats. And maybe socks, if he drew the long straw.

**For more daily encouragement and real life parenting stories check out Sprinkles In My Closet on Facebook.**

Related video:

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.