Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: NICU Parenting

Untitled

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

IG: @401mama

My husband and I battled unexplained infertility, then IVF, then preeclampsia and then our little one being born at 32 weeks weighing only 3lbs8oz and spending 35 days in the NICU. At the moment going through each trial we thought that, that situation was the worst...

Nothing compares to watching your child fight for their life... To be holding them in your arms and to stop breathing with machines buzzing all around. The moment you are discharged from the hospital is the worst... You know your little one is in the best place, but you want to be with them.

Every time I walked into the hospital to visit the NICU and a new mom was coming out with their baby was gut-wrenching, I would breakdown in tears.

Every moment I have with her our daughter I cherish. The 2hrs of sleep i received when she first came home I enjoyed. The long exhausting days I smile at... because my daughter is healthy and so very happy and HOME. She is a little spitfire now, Kennedy just turned 1 in September and says about 10 words, signs about 25 and is walking. Everyday we know we are blessed, we were one of the lucky ones.

Xoxo

Janelle Morelli

Instagram @401Mama

Kennedy Marie September 1st 2016 3lbs 8oz

18days old 3lbs 10oz

September 2017 Apple Picking

Happy 1st Birthday!

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.