Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Raising Siblings

A letter to my 5 year old

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

a7538b1c364b351c5fbcc6dcb4d361e6c3bc2aed.jpgDear sweet daughter,

I’m sorry that I yelled at you this morning when you asked me to help me with your shirt. Although you have put your shirt on a MILLION times before, I know you just wanted my attention and I didn’t give it to you because I was so focused on getting myself ready.

I’m sorry that I didn’t answer you when you said my name 8 times. I was looking at my emails and you only wanted to tell me you ate chicken nuggets for lunch that day. I should have listened.

I’m sorry that I didn’t stop at the park that time to let you play, I was selfish and tired and didn’t feel like it at that moment. You always deserve to slide down the slide and play on the monkey bars.

I’m sorry that sometimes you get ignored when your baby sister is crying for attention.

I am sorry that Mommy and Daddy are mean sometimes. I’m sorry that we yell and argue. I’m sorry that we take it out on you when our patience runs thin. You are our whole hearts, I promise.

In this life of 40 hour work weeks, bills, and all the ups and downs we face, its easy to get frustrated with each other and lose patience.

I love you and your sister forever and always. Daddy and I think about you every minute. If we could spent every single second of the day together hanging out, we would.

We think you are smart and funny, hilarious actually. You blow us away everyday with your kind heart and your wittiness.

We promise we will make more of an effort to show you how special you are.

You are our first angel baby and our world! You are a princess and a tiny little genius! You are beautiful and intelligent.

We promise to make your childhood a time you will never forget, to teach you good ways & traditions you can pass on to your children.

We love you forever & always!

Love,

Mom ️

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.