A healthy vision is one of the most essential tips to ensure an active and successful life. The growing focus on the digital media and lack of knowledge or concern for nutritious diet have led to the rising issue of vision problems in kids by great extent. As parents, it’s your duty to incorporate good eye-habits in your kids and make sure to go for regular check-ups for any sign of vision problems. The article here is a brief on how to ensure good eye care for your little ones.
Good habits for healthy vision
- The children must be encouraged to get involved in outdoor sports rather than staying hooke up to computer and books all day long. It has been found that children spending a fair share of time amidst greens are less likely to develop myopia than the children staying indoors for a large part of the day. Moreover, outdoor activities improve blood circulation throughout the body which assures healthy vision as well.
- The child should not be allowed to sit before the TV or computer screen more than a couple of hours a day & that too not consistently. There should be at least 50 cm of distance between the eye & computer screen.
- Buy them old model phone for urgent calls not smartphone so they don't have options to play games for long hours. Sell iphone or smartphone of your kids to save their time and eyes.
- Do not let the kids read in the moving vehicles. While reading there must be 30 cm of distance between the book and eyes.
- Make sure that the child is reading or writing in an adequately-lit room.
The physicians always advise to maintain a nutrious and well-balanced diet for healthy vision. There are some foods that are especially meant to improve eye-sight-
- •Carrots-Carrots are enriched in Beta-Carotene (Vitamin A) that enable the retina & other aspects of your eye to work moothly.
- •Leafy greens- Dark green vegetables like spinach and kale are also helpful in developing a healthy vision in children. These green veggies come stuffed with antioxidants like zeaxanthin and lutein which lower down the threat of muscular degeneration & cataracts.
- •Egg yolk- This is another must have for children in their daily diet. Egg yolk is one of the most significant resources for zeaxanthin and lutein. Besides, the yolk also contains zinc and all these together are very effective in preventing muscular degeneration in eyes.
- •Citrus foods-The citrus foods are enriched in Vitamin C – the very vitamin has proved to be super effective in reducing risk of muscular degenaration & cataracts. So, you have to count on lots of tomatoes, berries, oranges, grapes and other fruits with Vitamin C in abundance.
- •Omega-3 foods- Foods rich in Omega-3 such as tuna, sardines, halibut and salmon are very helpful for a healthy pair of eyes in future. These cold-water fishes work to lessen the threat of optic diseases in further years.
The child must be taken to a good optician or optometrist minimum once in a year for a thorough check up of the eye. A thorough yearly check-up will help to detect the vision problems on time so that the necessary care can be taken effectively.
Signs indicating that the child needs glasses
There are a number of tellatale signs that indicate that your child might needs glasses. The pointers below is a brief on such symptoms:
- Excessive tearing
- Crossing eyes too often
- Taking an up-close watch while reading, writing or watching things not very far
- Rubbing eyees frequently
- Complain of headaches due to eyestrain
- Covering or closing one eye for a better view of things
- Tilting the head to get a better view of objects. If you notice any of these signs in your child you must not delay in taking the kid to a good optician. It’s likely that your child might need glasses from now. Always make sure to settle with a good eye glass store to ensure that you little one gets the right eye treatment.