You cannot argue with a simple fact of the matter that every season is pumpkin season. Further, contrary to a prominent notion, pumpkins are more than just Halloween decorations. Right from France to Greece and the Middle East to Asia, cuisines from across the globe use pumpkin in a plethora of ways. It is primarily because there is simply no end to the umpteen varieties of things that you can make with this savoury, sweety, squash, which is a perfectly versatile ingredient. Delicious pies, tasty smoothies, or the wholesome muffins, if something has pumpkin in it, you can be assured that the dish will be lip-smacking. Pumpkin has a sweetness to it which adds an excellent flavour to the baking dish, and you can consume these with zero guilt. So, here we’ll discuss with you some of the best ways to use pumpkin in your dessert recipes. Sanya, who works with an online homework help provider offering affordable research paper writing service says that if you wish to use pumpkin otherwise, you can totally offset the sweetness of pumpkin by including in the recipe some crumbled cheese, thyme, coriander leaves, basil and a hint of spices such as ginger or nutmeg to add to the flavour of your regular curry or risotto.
Pumpkin and Feta Muffins
Begin your day with the richness of feta and a burst of sweet pumpkin flavour. These add up to great mouth-watering muffins which are a brilliant snack while you are on the go. Samantha offering assignment help with TFTH says that the best thing about this recipe is that if you have had the pumpkin and feta muffins in the morning, they’ll keep you full till the lunch.
Ingredients of Recipe
- 2 cups cubed pumpkin
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup parmesan, grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Handful of chopped baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 100 gms cubed feta
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar/white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp fine-grain sea salt
- 2 tsp whole-grain mustard
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp condensed milk
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds kernels
- Firstly, you need to pre-heat your oven to 200C/405F. Take a hint of butter and use it grease a 12-hole muffin pan and keep it aside.
- Sprinkle some olive oil to it. Add pepper and salt to taste over the squash. Toss the mixture evenly, and then you can turn this onto a roasting pan or a baking sheet.
- Arrange of all it in one layer. Bake, the mix for 15-25 minutes or until the mix, is cooked thoroughly.
- Set this preparation aside and let it cool.
- Now, from the mix, you have to transfer 2/3 of your squash to a medium-large mixing bowl. To this, add some parsley, spinach, parmesan, sunflower seeds, mustard and 2/3 of the feta. Add to the pan, some milk.
- Onto your squash mix, you have to add some soda, baking powder and flour. Top the combination with some salt and to it add a decent dose of freshly ground pepper. Hold this mix, till all the batter comes together. However, be careful that you do not over mix the mixture here.
- Next, you have to spoon your mix in the prepared pan. Then, you have to fill every hole up to ¾ level. Now, you can top the muffins with your remaining feta and squash.
- Sprinkle some black sesame seeds on the top.
- You can bake it for a half hour or until the sides, and the top of the muffin is golden. It will assure that your muffins are set up completely.
- You can let the preparation cool for a couple of minutes and then move onto your cooking rack.
Prakhar, who read and liked SEO PowerSuite Review at DigiToolsCoupons, says that when he served this recipe to his guests, they couldn’t stop gushing over it.
Pumpkin Oats Cake
If you don’t wish to consume a multitude of calories, but you can’t keep your sweet tooth in check, you have to try this pumpkin and oats cake recipe. You can spice it up with nutmeg and add some grated jaggery to it for taste. Shankar working with TAE and providing students with accounting homework help says that every bite of this cake will offer you Vitamin A worth of your day’s requirement.
- 1/4 cup grated jaggery
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp quick roll oats
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin peeled and grated
- 1 small pinch of salt
- 4 tsp clarified butter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp almond flex
- 1 cherry
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 2 pinches of soda bi-carb
- 2 Tbsp fine semolina
- First, you need to grate and peel your pumpkin. Remove from it the seeds and pulp.
- Add to the grated pumpkin, 2 tsp of ghee and mix it in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave your mix for 3 minutes. To the mixture, you have to add jaggery.
- Now, you’ll have to microwave it again for another 20 minutes.
- Add to the mixture some oats, wheat flour, semolina, nutmeg, milk, salt, soda and baking powder. Mix all the contents evenly.
- Now, you have to let your mixture rest for 10 minutes. And in the meantime, you can pre-heat your oven.
- Now, you need to take a microwave-safe bowl and grease the mix with some ghee. Sprinkle your ghee on it and let it bake for 20 minutes on a temperature of 200 C.
- Put your cake up-side-down in a microwave-proof plate. Sprinkle some almost flex and ghee on it.
- Bake your readied mix for 20 minutes at 200 C.
- Garnish and serve with a cherry.
Making some preparation for an impending dinner party? Fret not! We have the classic pumpkin recipe for you. Yes, we are talking about the exotic halwa. If baked to perfection, this is an ideal recipe for your guests at a party. Top it up with fragrant cinnamon, roasted coconut, and crunchy almonds. Samaira, who help to buy college essays at EW4U states that when she made this pumpkin halwa, almost all of the females in the house came up to her for the recipe. This one is a winner!
- 1 Kg Pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 1” dice.
- 150 Ml Water
- 2 Tbsp roasted Almonds
- 150 Gram Grain sugar
- 2 Tbsp roasted Coconut
- 1 1/2 stick Cinnamon
- 50 Gram Raisins
- 4 Tbsp pure ghee/butter/oil
How to Make Pumpkin Halwa?
- Take a saucepan. In it add cinnamon, water and pumpkin. Cover the pan and let it cook. Next, you have to drain and mash your pumpkin.
- Take a large pot and add to it 4 TBSP of oil and let it stay until hot.
- Add to it pumpkin while stirring continuously.
- You’ll now have to allow the puree to reduce, darken and thicken for approx. 10 minutes.
- Stir in it sugar for the sweetness. Now, you have to keep cooking until your halwa is a glossy, amber mixture.
- Decorate it with almonds, coconut and resins. Then, add a spoon and serve it hot.
So, there are our favourite pumpkin dessert recipes. Do try at home and let us know in comments below, how you like them!
Pankaj Raghav is a blogger and shares his experience with SEO tools at DigiToolsCoupons. While sharing his experience, he also loves to help other fellow bloggers in setting up their blogs. Read his post about best financial modeling course.