Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Open Discussion

This is Motherhood

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

This is motherhood

You see, I gave up my vanity a long time ago, seven years ago to be exact

I brave the grocery store with no makeup on unafraid of who I will run into

I face the mall in my yoga pants that don’t even know what yoga is and haven’t see a gym

I walk right into any restaurant with my hair that they now call a messy bun but mine has evolved to somewhere in between a birds nest and Medusa’s hair

In fact today I drove right up to the school pickup line with my shirt on backwards which my husband kindly informed me of when he got home, with mismatched sandals because my dog is mad at me and chewed up my other one and my stretchy pants because following the rules for that healthy lifestyle just wasn’t fitting well into my routine so leggings will do

They tell you motherhood is messy but my friends they don’t tell you how freeing it truly is, they forget to say that you can simply walk out of your house like this and if anyone asks say, “ I have a toddler at home” and you don’t need to say anything else because they get it

Maybe one day I will care that my hair is done or my shoes match or that I wear makeup to the store but for now I’m having fun being the me that this stage of life needs right now, even if it that looks a little messy on the outside because my babies love me and the other moms in Target do too

31e6266f445f7f11960e799849bac9da99e1fcb0.jpeg

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.