Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Pregnancy and Infant Loss

The pressure behind having a second child is painful

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

I remember giving birth to my first child, and hours later being asked if I wanted another one anytime soon.

How long will you wait? Are you trying? Don’t you want a boy? What will you do if you have another girl?

SERIOUSLY?

These are REAL questions ... all that have been asked almost every time I see a family member, old friend, or random person at the grocery store.

While I understand most are just innocently curious, it makes it no easier on moms.

We spend months tracking my menstrual cycle, my ovulation dates, peeing on ovulation sticks, taking a prenatal, and still we get nothing.

Then, we do get something. Twice in a row.

4006cdc67c0b949b5a53f813476f0371bf240af6.jpeg

Each time, weeks later... it’s gone. Like it never even existed.

So I sit here, and I bleed, and I cry, and I question “why me?”

But I still have my first child to care for. So while I struggle in silence, the questions still come up, from everybody around me.

“Are you guys ever going to have another one?”

I have expressed nothing but my sincere interest in bringing another child into this world, so what makes them think I am intentionally not getting pregnant?

You don’t know what I’m going through. You don’t know the pain I’ve endured two times in a row, just to STILL be asked if I was ready for another, while I'm in the process of loss.

I have no explanation for why these things happen. I don’t want pity, and I don’t want those daunting eyes and long hugs at a family gathering.

I want space. I want to let my body and my mind heal in peace.

I prayed for two pink lines. I got several. But I still don’t have a baby.

Please stop asking women when they’re conceiving again, because frankly, it’s not your business.

- Amanda @ mommaeverafter.com

Related video:

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.