Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Open Discussion

The List #adhd

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

be42146702fe9503f82703e506d96800fba8fd0b.jpg

Real Talk.

I found this in the bathroom trash; she must have missed the can when she tossed it.

I know she’s trying and it breaks my heart that the simplest of things she struggles with daily. Staying on task is near impossible for her without constant redirection, I’m not perfect I sometimes forget she can’t help it, and I lose my shit yelling at her that she’s got to remember to do things.

Finding this stings. She is trying, and I should try harder too!

For all my fellow ADHD mamas I see you, I feel for you, and your littles this gig is already rough, and these beautifully distracted kids deserve the best we can give them. I will let this be my reminder to stop and take a breather before I react, give her grace and more understanding with the daily task because she's just like me merely doing her best daily to manage it all.

Raising a child with a learning disability is hard; there's no visual of the disorder, and I guess we lose sight of that in the little moments. I forget the simplest of things aren't that simple to her, but this list proves she's learning to self navigate the struggles which shows so much promise and growth.

Finding this list broke my heart in a million pieces, but I'm going to use it to grow as a mother and advocate for this beautiful young lady I have the pleasure to raise.

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.