Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Raising Siblings

The InbeTWEEN

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

They still anxiously wait to get the coin at the dentists office. They still rush to the prize machine to get the same bouncy balls that have occupied the glass jar since they were two. They still say “guess what color I’m going to get”, as they crank the metal knob to the right three times. They still barter the trade when the ball comes out a color they don’t prefer. They still race to the car, hop in the back seat and play “guess which hands it’s in” as we journey our way back home. They have “little kid” in them. As I watch them turn into tweens in so many ways, watching them stay little is just as much a joy. This time of in between is short, but so important. They are gaining independence and are self sufficient. They don’t need me to tie shoes, pick out clothes or clean up after them. They are growing up and part of me loves it. The other part, loves when we get to go to the dentist and I get to see them as little kids again. Because as quickly as they were excited for those bouncy balls, is also as quickly as they leave them behind on the seat of the car when we pull in the driveway. This mama know that’s just how fast they are growing too.

2383c84a27b8b8114983f0e60f3896a62be9a27e.jpeg

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.