Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Taking Care of YOU

Sometimes

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article
Sometimes I say to Hell with bedtime and we all wallow in the den, watch a crappy show and eat popcorn.

Sometimes I forget technology limits and sit happily in my chair, basking in the quiet.

Sometimes I allow myself to skip the grocery store and think it is a good lesson for my children, we have canned peaches, I offer.

Sometimes I go weeks without putting away the laundry and wonder how I used to have so much energy.

Sometimes I make grandiose plans regarding cooking and then I'm back in the Pizza Hut drive through line.

Sometimes I long to be so productive, but my pajama clad body won't cooperate.

Sometimes I long for my mind to be still, but it takes hundreds of snapshots documenting the growth of four children.

Sometimes I concede defeat, but then I pat myself on the back for offering an ice cream sandwich at 8am to anyone that keeps their glasses on.

Sometimes I feel inadequate, inept, lazy, tired and grumpy and then I remember the words of a wise friend, it's February, she reminds me and I am happy.

90b35d5f2b50b2a3a8ac1773b506af02335cd3ef.jpg

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.