Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Back to School

Saving Money On School Supplies from Pre-School To High School

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

dddb633f4238f7fe9ccb220c5729c1ae401f4f46

This year I'll have a 6th grader and a new High School Freshman. I can't believe the years have passed so quickly. One thing I've learned is that school supplies can take a bite out of our family budget but I've learned how to minimize those expenses. Take advantage of your states Tax Free Holiday if you have one. It's a good time to purchase larger priced items like computers, school clothes and more. Combine store sales with coupons to save on backpacks, school supplies and more. Don't forget to shop year round for supplies. I know my kids will always need paper, pencils and art supplies for projects. I'm always picking up item on clearance at thrift stores or liquidation stores. If you shop throughout the year, you won't have so much out of pocket expenses at the beginning of the school year. I keep all these items in a school cabinet so we can 'shop' from it throughout the year. Happy Savings!

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.