When you’re trying to cut calories, it seems like dessert is always the first thing to go. While it may be a bad idea to cozy up to a bag of cookies after a hard day at the office, enjoying a sweet, healthy treat now and then is no crime. In fact, the occasional indulgence may even help you achieve your diet and weight-loss goals more efficiently than swearing off sweets all together.
1. Triple Berry Cobbler
- 1 Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 14 ounce package frozen loose-pack mixed berries
- 1 21 ounce can blueberry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 6 1/2 ounce package blueberry muffin mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- Honey (optional)
- Lightly coat a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside.
- In cooker combine frozen berries, pie filling, and sugar.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 hours. Turn cooker to high-heat setting. In a medium bowl combine muffin mix, the water, and oil; stir just until combined. Spoon muffin mixture over berry mixture.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour more or until a wooden toothpick inserted into center of muffin mixture comes out clean. Turn off cooker. If possible, remove crockery liner from cooker. Cool, uncovered, for 30 to 45 minutes on wire rack before serving.
- If desired, serve with yogurt and honey
This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.