Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Parents On The Go: What's Your Strategy?

Plan ahead!!!!

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

Keeping my kids busy is truly the key to my sanity! Planning ahead had been a saving grace! I know, I know...it may seem impossible with everything else that has to be juggled, but I try to make it easier on myself!!

1. I buy pre-packaged snacks! Gasp!! All those calories! All those preservatives! Well, with the way my boys run around like animals, they burn off anything they ingest almost instantly anyway!!

2. Routines!!! We do the same thing when we go to the same places. Going to the zoo?? We only pack specific things (always including animal crackers, naturally!) My littles have grown used to it, and there's no arguing about what we eat and drink!!

3. Pack for the unexpected!!! With small uncoordinated tornados you just never know what will happen!

4. Don't sweat it!!! So my kid had an accident...so what?? We all have accidents and my melting down over it won't solve the problem! My mantra is, "be a problem solver"!

I'm hoping all this effort pays off one day!! I'm just hoping my littles, AND I, look back fondly on their childhood!!!

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.