Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Open Discussion

One of those days...

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

a17fa12435fae81f5963994955284cdacee01da1.jpeg

Friends, do you ever have one of those days? Weeks? Or months, where life is smooth sailing and the next day you are slammed with something you didn’t see coming your way?

Well when this happens, I often think somewhere in our being, deep within each of us, there is a desire to hide...

The need to retreat, run away or pull back from life’s problems...

The need to feel comfort within ourselves and our own surroundings...

The need to escape reality, with the hope that reality is not the truth, and only a manifestation of one day that changed the course of a lifetime...

So, when these feelings take over, I have a lot of work to do.

I need to remind myself to stay connected, and be as strong as my body will allow.

I have to relinquish control, while remaining grounded and still connected to my own being, accepting the darkest of times but knowing there is always a new day tomorrow.

But sometimes friends, I’m not as strong as I think I am.

Often times, I start to crack…

This is when I ask for strength and patience.

If these qualities can latch onto me and encompass my being, then maybe my inner world will slow down.

My hope is for strength, to be able to lift my face towards the sunshine of tomorrow.

My hope is for patience, to be willing to accept, forgive and move forward along my path.

With each new day, life continues to move forward...

the sun rises each morning,
the birds sing,
the flowers bloom,
dreamers dream,
children grow up,
more wrinkles appear and
life moves on with its dramatic beauty...

and as for me, I slowly emerge.

So my friends, even during the hardest of times, may we all find the strength to lift our face towards the sunshine of tomorrow...

Friends, whatever your hard time may be...
maybe the loss of a loved one, the chaos of raising a family or your own internal struggle, know you are not alone and lift your face to the sunshine of tomorrow, you got this!

Hang in there mama ❤️

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.