Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Infertility

My Story 1990s

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

The same thing happened to me as Dylan way back in the 1990s. I never heard of secondary infertility till today show! It actually explained to be what could have happened. I had a daughter in 1988 without any struggle, it happened in one or two tries. Then in 1992 I became pregnant again without any trouble. The baby was sick so under 28 weeks it was aborted. It was Christmas time and we had to carry on for my young daughter. Once again became pregnant the next year, but miscarried before 7 weeks, I was so upset. I went on to have 2 more miscarriages, and by 40 I gave up. I was not understanding why, nobody knew, nothing was wrong! I remember actually being envious of woman having babies and they were older than me! Than included Kathie Lee! I wondered what was wrong with us and older people could have children. Well back then insurance did not cover infertility so the timing wasn’t right for us and it never happened for me. Today’s story made sense to me, I may have had scarring from that procedure I had. Like I said hearing your story today Dylan, made sense to me. I’m sure in today’s day and age it will be better for woman to become pregnant, my time has past but I have a beautiful daughter so I have to be grateful. Good luck Dylan! It will happen for you!

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.