Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: I'm a Great Mom Because...

My Boy!

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

What can I say..Hmmm. My son was unexpected and I was a single Mother for 5 years. I rocked it. My son is the BEST Gift. I worked 2 jobs & still made time for my son Solomon. He made life a fun adventure to have. Lol! I remember telling my son as baby that fruit was candy & him look at people weird when they actually gave him candy. He wouldn't eat it and then ask for an apple. He ate very healthy & still does. He is almost 17 & he is my son/best friend. We still find time to spend time together. I find that cause I made that a priority when he was young & told him I love you every time I could. Love wasn't not just giving him everything he wanted but teaching him right from wrong. I love the relationship we have. Best part is we horse play. We will throw food or mud or chase each other around the house. Last year after his football games when the team would leave the field, he would look for me. I would stand by the gate and I would point at him. He would see me doing it & point back. He would run to me, pick me up & hug me. What made me cry is that he would say "I love you, MOM!". He didn't care what his teammates thought. I never missed a game, even though I worked a full time job. He knows & my job knew he is my Priority! I would never change what we hav gone through because it's brought us closer together as a family. I love My Boy

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.